Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button. If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the State of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. As one of the largest employers in the State of New Jersey, Rutgers University is committed not only to the students and the State that we serve, but also to the faculty and staff who work on our campuses.For two consecutive years, Rutgers is ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Large Employers. Rutgers holds #64 of 500 employers and is the #1 New Jersey employer on the publication’s 2023 list. Rutgers’ commitment to its employees includes maintaining and fostering a safe, diverse, and respectful workplace environment, creating employment opportunities for our nation’s military veterans, and ensuring accessibility and accommodation for individuals with disabilities.Posting SummaryRutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Coordinator I for Rutgers Student Health. Under the general supervision of the Director of Counseling, ADAP , and Psychiatric Services ( CAPS ) and Director of Psychiatry the Program Coordinator I provides a full range of case management /coordination of care for students including coordinate placements for Higher Levels of Care, referrals to community providers and referrals to various specialized programs. This position collaborates with and supports CAPS Psychiatry and Next Step Teams in a multi-disciplinary university-based mental health service.Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Offers program coordination and basic case management for university students receiving care through CAPS : Psychiatry and/or Next Step programs including assessment of strengths and challenges, implementation of action plans to identify services necessary to facilitate progress toward goals, monitors students’ use of services, care outcome evaluation, and discharge planning. Program coordination for the Psychiatry/Next Step Team includes but is not limited to: individual support for high risk/unstable students, assistance with referrals to community resources including higher level of care programs, ongoing outreach efforts once student referred to ensure patient is appropriately linked, other care planning and support when students referred, assisting in obtaining pertinent medical/psychiatric records.
- Assists students to develop and/or strengthen problem solving and coping strategies.
- Facilitates students’ capacity to interact with and participate in the university community in safe, relatively autonomous and adaptive ways.
- Links students with systems, resources and opportunities to facilitate academic and personal success within Rutgers and in the larger community.
- Assists in discharge planning and provide comprehensive outreach services (which means reaching out to the community to connect students to community placements).
- Coordinates referrals.
- Participates in clinical treatment team meetings as needed.
- Collaborates efficiently and effectively with Psychiatry/Next Step Team members along with multi-disciplinary CAPS staff.
- Participates in various CAPS activities including but not limited to attending regularly scheduled staff meetings, consulting with staff individually.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Status Full Time Hours Per Week Daily Work Shift Work Arrangement FLSA Non exempt Grade 04Position Salary Annual Minimum Salary 51359.000 Annual Mid Range Salary 63909.500 Annual Maximum Salary 76460.000Standard Hours 37.50Union Description URA-AFT Administrative Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Rutgers offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees. For details, please go to http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview.Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance.Seniority Unit Terms of Appointment Staff – 12 month Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of HIPAA FERPA and can communicate effectively with students (and families) to anticipate the possible utility of Release of Information (ROIs) to facilitate communication and treatment planning in a university environment.
- Additional required skills include knowledge and understanding of collaborative and hierarchical elements of communication in a healthcare environment; a commitment to and understanding of the mission of the CAPS service in relation to the broader university community; the ability to effectively manage stressful and competing demands during peak times.
- Must plan effectively, manage ambiguity and assist with handling problem areas pro-actively.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic and assume accountability.
- Must understand and manage confidential communication and information appropriately.
- Must be committed to continuous improvement of processes, programs and services.
- Must be able to establish and maintain mental health resources within Rutgers University and in the community for a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Must have a proven track record of interest and/or experience in culturally informed, structured, case management/clinical care that has relevance for working with a wide range of diverse university students.
- Experience working in a higher education setting with students in a mental health capacity.
- Specialized expertise and/or experience in working with the LGBTQIA+ community, Students of Color and first generation or other marginalized populations.
- A valid driver’s license is helpful as it may be necessary to travel among Rutgers New Brunswick campuses on occasion.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations with a focus on diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team with psychiatric providers and providing treatment to patients with a range of psychiatric conditions.
- Routine office software; occasional use of SPSS and/or Excel; Medi cat Electronic Health Record
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Extensive sitting.
- Ability to travel to various Rutgers New Brunswick campus locations on occasion.
- Clean driving record.
Posting Details Posting Number 23ST1111Posting Open Date 05/01/2023Special Instructions to Applicants Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick Home Location Campus College Ave (RU-New Brunswick)City New Brunswick State NJ Location Details Pre-employment Screenings All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. Immunization Requirements Under Policy 60.1.35 Immunization Policy for Rutgers Employees and Prospective Employees (https://policies.rutgers.edu/60-1-35-currentpdf) , Rutgers University requires all prospective employees to provide proof that they are vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement of employment, unless the University has granted the individual a medical or religious exemption. Rutgers University may require certain prospective employees to receive an updated (bivalent) vaccine dose. Under Policy 100.3.1 Immunization Policy for Covered Individuals (https://policies.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/100-3-1-current.pdf) , if employment will commence during Flu Season, Rutgers University may require certain prospective employees to provide proof that they are vaccinated against Seasonal Influenza for the current Flu Season, unless the University has granted the individual a medical or religious exemption. Additional infection control and safety policies may apply. Prospective employees should speak with their hiring manager to determine which policies apply to the role or position for which they are applying. Failure to provide proof of vaccination for any required vaccines or obtain a medical or religious exemption from the University will result in rescission of a candidate’s offer of employment or disciplinary action up to and including termination. Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement